It is my honor to represent the proud people of the 7th District, which includes Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, Rosedale and Sparrows Point. We are a unique community with a rich history all our own, and we seek to honor our heritage as we create a vital and vibrant community for generations to come. The 7th District represents a major opportunity for post-industrial renewal, and it is my goal to facilitate responsible redevelopment and be a champion of our district as a premier destination in which to live, invest and locate businesses.
While economic development, job creation and educational opportunities are of the highest priority, we are also here to serve. Our staff is proud to usher in a new era of citizen involvement and empowerment and is developing mechanisms for increased communication and accountability in areas of code enforcement, public works and public safety.
Accomplishments in Office
During my time as County Councilman, I have successfully:
Created jobs & revitalized our workforce:
- lead sponsor on the Council's effort to repeal the job-threatening "Rain Tax."
- sponsored a law to pave the way for rapid job creation at Tradepoint Atlantic, the region's largest economic redevelopment project.
- brought communities, business leaders, and state and local government together for the first time ever in Essex in order to earn the state's "Sustainable Community" designation, which brings resources and investments back to Essex.
Increased the quality of our housing market & schools:
- fought to bring us from last place to the front of the list for new schools, earning us an unprecedented three new elementary schools.
- introduced legislation to allow for a one-of-a-kind golf course community at Sparrows Point Country Club.
- rejected all proposed low-income housing plans.
- proposed millions in cuts to Section 8 housing across the district.
- voted against federal forced Section 8 in our county.
Re-energized commercial corridors & community involvement:
- empowered our communities to hold Towson accountable for long-standing quality of life issues.
- assisted with the development of 5 new community associations.
- developed relationships with local police precincts to combat crime.
- championed all County Council efforts to strengthen and assist our First Responders.
Served the people and protected our heritage:
- sponsored a bill to protect Veterans from housing discrimination.
- protected Fort Howard from outside developers.
- fielded more than 3000 constituent service calls since January 2015.