It is my honor to represent the proud people of the 7th District, which includes Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, Rosedale and Sparrows Point. We are a unique community with a rich history all our own, and we seek to honor our heritage as we create a vital and vibrant community for generations to come. The 7th District represents a major opportunity for post-industrial renewal, and it is my goal to facilitate responsible redevelopment and be a champion of our district as a premier destination in which to live, invest and locate businesses.
While economic development, job creation and educational opportunities are of the highest priority, we are also here to serve. Our staff is proud to usher in a new era of citizen involvement and empowerment and is developing mechanisms for increased communication and accountability in areas of code enforcement, public works and public safety.
Accomplishments in Office
During my time as County Councilman, I have successfully:
- sponsored the bill to repeal the job-threatening Rain Tax
- sponsored Bill 86-15, which paved the way for rapid job creation at Tradepoint Atlantic
- protected Fort Howard from over-development
- introduced legislation to allow for a one-of-a-kind golf course community at Sparrows Point Country Club
- defended Essex from more low-income housing
- brought communities and county government together to combat a long standing rodent problem
- brought communities, business leaders, state and local government together for the first time ever in Essex in order to earn the state’s “sustainable community” designation, which brings resources and investment back
- fought to bring us to the front of the list for new schools, earning us an unprecedented three new elementary schools in a three-year span
- assisted with the formation of five new community associations
- fielded nearly 3000 calls for constituent service in our first three years